Current version: 2.0
PTK4L (PIC ToolKit for Linux) is an assembler, disassembler and programmer for the PIC16C84
and PIC16F84 microcontrolers. Its main features are:
- Supports the whole instruction set of the PIC microcontrolers.
- Supports labels, decimal and hexadecimal numbers, ASCII characters, comments and ocnditional assembly.
- Allows to write and read both the program and data memory.
- Is specifically wrote to work under Linux. This gives more flexibility and confort than DOS-based systems.
- Supports both serial and parallel port programmers.
- Modular and flexible design, which allows to add support for new hardware.
- Distributed under GNU license.
- Use of a driver to access to the hardware (at this moment, the programmer software needs to be executed as ROOT or with SUID priviledges).
- Graphic front-end written in GTK (in development at this moment).
- PIC emulator.
Current version supports both serial and parallel port programer.
Package in .tar.gz format (45 Kbytes)
History of versions
- version 2.0 ()
- Added support for serial-port programmers
- Added conditional assembly
- Fixed some minor bugs
- version 1.0 ()
- First public release